Monday, May 23, 2011

Music from the 1900s and today. What happened?

Hello there. I wrote a new article about my favourite music and my resentment for todays music. Waiting to see if they will publish it. If not, here's the product I wrote.


I'm a 90s baby born in 1993 and I grew up listening to AC/DC, Kiss, CCR, Great Big Sea, Loverboy, Meatloaf and so on, 3 decades of great music and suddenly that's starting to die out.

Sure we've got rock bands like Hedley, Billy Talent, Linkin Park and Green Day but they're just not the classic rock I grew up with and even they're dying out! So what are we left with?

Disney. Yes, The same people who gave us Micky Mouse, Peter Pan, and countless princesses are also giving us Miley Cyrus, Selina Gomez, Demi Lovato and The Jonas Brothers. And throw Justin Bieber in there and even though he's not owned by Disney he fits in this category. Now, "tweens" and other females from high school to women with children the same age as these "stars" all go crazy for them, mainly Bieber for reasons I and hundreds of men in the world will never understand, really, women would gladly turn into pedophiles for a chance at Justin Bieber.

Now I want to know how? How did this so called "pop" invade my TV and radio? I used to love Much Music but now I can't watch it. Not to be prejudiced or anything but Blacks don't even rap or do hip-hop on there anymore! They also sing pop because they're more or less targeted towards the women and men who appreciate it.

I forgot to mention other bands that like to call themselves "Metal". Sometimes I wonder about the validity of this being called music. At times it involved fast drumming, grinding guitars and people who scream into a microphone and no, it's not called singing. This music does not sound at all like music, it sounds like someone gave a baby instruments and told them to start playing.

The original metal also from the 60-90s was no doubt the best. From Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motorhead and Metallica, you could understand the lyrics and they weren't about ripping someones throat out and eating their entrails which is the vibe I get from metal today.

Right now I'm listening to music on my TV where they just play music on a black screen for the most part. One channel I'm listening to is "Classic Rock" the other is "Remembering the 80s" where the good stuff is and believe me, it hasn't failed me once.

If you were given the opportunity to go back in time and destroy any trace of pop and make sure the classics were the future of music, would you take it?

Be sure to leave a comment or even an article about your opinion and your answer to the question =) Enjoy yourselves and make sure Rock and Roll never dies

No comments:

Post a Comment